Well, today is the last day of January and, evidently, the last post of January. Today we’ll be highlighting all the posts of this month in one big wrap-up for anyone who missed them, and for anyone who’s interested.
This month, we started two new blog columns: It’s Real Monday, and Fiction Friday. It’s Real Monday is the day where we talk about our current reading obsessions, and what’s new on our to-be-read pile. And all other things bookish and life-ish. Fiction Friday is similar to It’s Real Monday, but instead of published books, we talk about writing, and the struggles of writing life, and the rewards of sticking through it.
Also this month, I finished reading and reviewed FOUR books! Woot, woot! One of them I didn’t review on my blog but on Goodreads instead. If you’d like to read that review, you can find it here.
This Month’s Posts:
- Manga Classics: Romeo and Juliet Review – My review for a very eye-opening version of this classic tale…
- Manga Classics: The Jungle Book Review – Ah, nostalgia at its finest.
- A New Face: My New Year’s Resolution – Exactly that.
- Manga Classics: Sense and Sensibility Review – “It won’t rain!” “You always say that, and then it does!”
- What I Learned From Embers – It’s Real Monday – Oh, just me gushing over one of my now most favorite books. This book… it just took my breath away.
- DawnKing Blog Tour Review & Giveaway – The last book in a lovely series…
- You WILL Get Published By Twenty – Fiction Friday – A little piece about how much I realized how I was holding myself back in the writing world.
- Last Night I Dreamt of Agnes – It’s Real Monday – A dream I had, literally, about Agnes from Agnes at the End of the World by Kelly McWilliams. Want a little insight into a book not out yet? Then come read….
- Manga Classics: Great Expectations Review – This did not pan out the way I thought.
- Spent Identity Blog Tour Review – For those who love a good kidnapping and feisty aunts.
- Author Q&A With Farrell Keeling – A little bit of wit and a whole lot of British.
- Smailholm Blog Tour Promo Post – Adorable little fairies and things.
And last but not least, a book list. Because we all love book lists. This one is my list of recommendations for you all. Of both books already published, and ones that will be coming out soon. So, here goes!
January Recommendation Booklist:
- Embers by Ronie Kendig – everyone needs to read this book! Seriously! There’s lots of fire magic and fire and royalty and more fire!
- Fire Dancer by Catherine Jones Payne – speaking of fire, this one was sooo good! There’s not only fire magic but also a little bit of sparks flying between to certain characters…. For all you romance and magic lovers out there, this one’s the bomb.
- Thief of Cahraman by Lucy Tempest – this one was a real gem! A retelling of Aladdin, but with the gender roles switched, it was a fresh take on a classic fairytale. And trust me, it does NOT end the way you think.
- Agnes at the End of the World by Kelly McWilliams – better keep an eye out for this one! Set to release on June 9th, this book had me laughing and crying all the way! I am very much in love with it, and I will shamelessly promote Agnes all over my blog until my last dying breath…. Or until I run out of things to say. But, hey, you get the idea.
That’s about it for now! Next month, I’m going to be compiling a romance booklist (both fantasy and fiction), so if there’s any romance books out there that you would recommend to your fellow reader, mention it in the comments below!